Table of contents
Everyone experiences a crisis at some point in their life. There was a time when I felt helpless and sad.
I did the worst thing I could do. I locked myself up in my room and sank into self-pity.
But what changed for me was the realization that we all have a choice. And as soon as that clicked, I started to understand that overcoming this crisis wasn't that hard—I just had to get some help.
Here's what I did
I took an online resilience course from Prof. Dr. Jutta Heller.
What is resilience? It is the ability to get out of a crisis mentally and physically stronger than before.
These are seven practical tips on how to handle a current crisis
- 👸 Take time for yourself. Look for a protected place in nature, at your home, or on a short vacation.
- ⚖ Check whether it is good for you to be alone or whether you prefer to be with someone familiar. Being together without talking will support you to heal.
- 📆 Set up a daily schedule and stick to it (getting up, meal times, active times, relaxation phases, bedtime).
- ✍ Bring your thoughts to paper - by talking or writing. Find an understanding listener who can also bear your complaints and support you.
- 👍 Notice what has remained intact in the current crisis. Write down these aspects in your different areas of life (job, family, friends, hobbies, etc.).
- ⛷ Moderate physical activity is helpful, as the clarification process can slowly come to an end.
- 🎁 Be understanding and patient with yourself. Such a process takes time.
🧠 Want to learn more about Mindset?