Table of contents
🔍 What is Ghost?
If you want to start a blog, you probably want to focus on the actual content production.
Ghost is a Content Management System which consists of a front-end user interface that allows the user (without touching any code) to modify the webpage.
⚡ Core features of Ghost
- integrated newsletter
- paid and free membership subscription, can use it like Patreon and get payouts via stripe
- has integrations like Zapier or Google Analytics
- Markdown so you can maintain your writing flow
- creates SEO-friendly URLs
- can insert custom HTML and CSS into a page
- allows your readers to search across all published posts, keywords, and authors
☁ Hosting, not Ghosting
You can let ghost.org host you or self-host your site.
If you are running a self-hosted instance, Ghost recommends Ubuntu with at least 1GB to run Ghost. I decided to go with the ghost plan because it is the most convenient for me.
With Ghost Pro, you have Email support 24/7.
Ghost has an aesthetic design, runs super fast and smooth, and I like its built-in newsletter.
It is preferential to have little coding experience when starting with Ghost. If not, at least a little courage to read into the documents from Ghost.
👁🗨 If you are interested and want to read more on how to start building your blog with Ghost, look at my latest post. The Best Way To Get Started Learning About How To Build A Ghost Theme