31 Insane + Nice Things I Will Do In The Next Coming Weeks
🚀 Impossible Things completed, which brought me out of my comfort zone
I've had a bucket list and every year a new vision board for quite some time now. I have been collecting new Challenges on them for quite some time now.
Enclosed you will find some of the things I have done this year. (2022)
- Running a marathon (without any training)
- Europe's highest bungee jump (220meters)
- Olympic Triathlon: 8 Things You Have To Know
The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself. -Tony Robbins
🎯 I'm doing this because I want to get myself out of my comfort zone. I also find it great for prioritization and focusing on only one thing a day.
You can learn more about this challenge on my YouTube Channel and your favorite podcast app. I made 2 podcast episodes, where I specifically talk about how to get out of your comfort zone and embrace a challenge. 💪🏼
I have written down 31 items out of 4 categories:
- Items that are on my vision board, which I created this year and didn't do until now.
- Some tasks I have been postponing for weeks/months.
- 30-day challenges I chunked down to 1-day challenges because I would otherwise be overwhelmed by them. Like these 30-day experiments from Matt D'Avella.
- Things I thought of when I read the blog post "Top Five Regrets of the dying".
Top 5 Regrets of the dying
The 5 regrets of the dying was written by a nurse who counseled the dying in their last days and revealed the most common regrets we have at the end of our lives.
Common themes surfaced again and again, which are:
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
🤸🏼♂️ 31 Things I Will Do This Year
🪐 Way out of my comfort zone
- Ask for a 20% discount at a supermarket/Starbucks
- Compliment one stranger
🤯 Things I have procrastinated on for weeks/months/years because I felt overwhelmed by the duration/workload
3. Create an online course that sucks and publish it, in one day
4. Make a YouTube video and post it online 28.09.22
5. Go to a retirement home and ask some residents about their story
6. Do 3 good things for other people 03.10.22
7. Journal for 1 hour 29.09.22
📅 30-day challenges chunked down
8. Don't use my phone for 1 day 25.10.22
9. Don't eat artificial sugar for one day 10. Don't beat myself up for one day ~11. Don't complain for one day (very hard for me, as an Austrian 😉 ) 05.10.22
12. Give away 30 things
😴 Boring administrative stuff, but still important
13. Search for an apartment
14. Make my Email inbox 0 30.09.22
15. Make a new Health Insurance
16. Organize all the files on my computer
17. Record some audio files I promised a friend
18. Sell my old laptop 02.10.22
19. Unsubscribe from all the newsletters I receive regularly via Email and don't need 26.09.22
🧓🏼 What I always wanted to do/learn before I die
20. Do volunteer work
22. Buy a lottery ticket
23. Write a handwritten letter to my grandparents and tell them how much I love them 15.11.22
24. Stare at the ceiling for 1 hour 24.09.22
25. Bake a cake
26. Write down 100 things that make me happy 23.09.22
27. Don't do anything for one day
28. Meditate for 2 hours - signed up for Vipassana in November (little more than 2 hours)
🌞 Friends and Family (not a challenge 😊)
29. Call 3 friends I haven't spoken to for a long time
30. Phone my parents and sister and tell them how much I love them ("I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.", Top five regrets of the dying)
😎 "Cool" things to have done (bonus)
31. Do 1000 push-ups 25.09.22
32. Draw a picture and sell it on eBay 22.09.22