🎉 My perfect Day
👋 Hello friend
I'm really fascinated by the daily routines of "successful" people.
I've noticed that setting long-term goals and organizing my day accordingly brings me a great sense of satisfaction as well.
🎥 I recently came across Ali Abdaal, who talked about a method he learned from his business coach (charging $2500/hour) Suprisingly, the most impactful exercise was writing down his ideal week.
🛠️ This inspired me to take another look at my ideal day and make a few adjustments. Here's how it goes:
🎊 My perfect Day:
- 0600: Wake up and drink a liter of water with a pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 0610: Run 5-10km in barefoot shoes without music (apparently, running with music is cheating, according to David Goggins).
- 0700: Breakfast (eggs, vegetables, + slow juiced carrot and ginger juice).
- 0730: Shit, shower, shave. 🧖🏻♂️
- 0750: Plan my day, involving one mentally challenging task to start with. Remembering that the process of problem-solving & thinking is the goal, not just achieving an outcome. Also, I plan for one physically demanding challenge in the afternoon.
- 0800: Dive into a mentally challenging 90-minute work block.
- 0930: Take a Yoga Nidra break.
- 1000: Admin Time (working through my To-Do's) / 2nd Work block.
- 1200: Enjoy a light lunch and maybe take a 15-minute nap.
- 1245: Another work block begins.
- 1500: Time for a physical challenge, like swimming, ice bath, cycling, running, or lifting weights.
- 1630: Embrace a 1-hour meditation session.
- 1730: Hop into the ice chamber/sauna for some rejuvenation.
- 1800: Tidy up and prepare for the next day.
- 1900: Fun & Friends time.
- 2100: Stretch & relax before bedtime.
- 2200: Journaling, noting down my accomplishments and what I'm grateful for.
⏱️ To keep myself on track, I set six alarms each day, marking the start of each part of my day.
This acts as a reset button if the previous block didn't go as planned. I got this idea from watching Rian Doris' videos, where he explains it in detail. Here are the SIX Alarms:
- 0600: Wake up
- 0800: Morning work block
- 1200: Lunch
- 1300: Afternoon work block
- 1800: Fun, friends & relax
- 2130: Wind down for bed
Keep in mind that this is my ideal routine, and if I can achieve it on 4 days out of 7, I'll already be happy. 🙂
I find myself coming back to it whenever I'm unsure of what to do in the next few hours.
Now, I'm curious – what does your ideal day look like? Feel free to drop me a message and share. 📩
Have a great week!